Need some help and opinion!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Freakyy, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Freakyy macrumors newbie

Nov 4, 2010
    Hi dear MacRumors member and Apple enthusiasts,

I need some help on what type of Macbook or Ipad I should buy.
    I previously just sold my 17" MacBook Pro DualCore version so I could buy a new Imac 27", the MacBook 17" was brilliant but just to big and heavy to caring around and I just had the urge to have a desktop and no laptop.
    After 1month now I kinda miss my MacBook since I can not Work on the go anymore (School stuff, Websites etc.).
    I realized I needed a Mobile device again but not as good as a 17" macBook pro since I will only need it for Iwork (Presentation, Note), occasionally A movie and music.
    So what type of MacBook would u suggest me (my goal is not to spend to much money since I spent it all on my Imac 27" with a 27" secondary Monitor).

Best Regards :apple: Freakyy :apple:
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    If you are on a budget, get a used Macbook or Macbook Pro. Doesn't sound like you're doing anything too demanding on it.
  3. Freakyy thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 4, 2010
    I took that in consideration, buying a occasion but Still kinda skeptic on what model should go for, MacBook Air or macbook Pro (I m not a big fan of the MacBook), or even a Ipad (just not sure if it will fit my needs).
    I acctually really love the macbook Air but it's where live 100$ more than the 13" macbook pro is it worth it?
  4. chrismacguy, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Feb 13, 2009
    United Kingdom
    As far as the iPad goes, I can say that for everything other than coding websites its brilliant. I have iWork on my iPad and I love it to death, I even use it over my TabletPC for notetaking in some lectures now (The only reason I use the TabletPC is I need OneNote and VisualStudio.. otherwise id be all :apple: ) - Either it or a mba would suit your needs. (Even an 11" MBA would do what you want if your buying new)
  5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Jun 21, 2006
    The problem with the MacBook Air is that by default it comes with very little storage and too little RAM. At the very least I would recommend getting one with 4GB of memory since it's not upgradeable. If it's outside your budget with that done I would seriously consider the 13" MacBook Pro.