Need some help buidling a talkbox

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by paul.b.davis, Dec 18, 2007.

1. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

Ok, so I am building a talk box for my bass and here is what I have come up with so far, please tell me if this will work

Carvin BX1200 Head (Using one output for my cab and the other for that talk box or daisy chaining the cab and talk box) 275w per channel @ 8 ohms, 1200w bridged @ 4 ohms. I also have a 4x10 cab hooked up to it which can handle 800w and has a resistance of 8 ohms

400w compression horn driver:
    Super Piezo Driver
    Film: Paper
    Frequency Response: 1.5 - 20 KHz
    Sensitivity: 105 dB (2.83 W/1M)
    Power Watts (MAX: 400 Watts)
    Impedance: 8 Ohm

the I plan to put in a footswitch to allow me to turn it off

basically the things concerning me are the wattage and the frequency response of the horn driver

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

p.s. I know this may not fit the description of this forum exactly, but I have tried on two other forums I belong to with absolutely no luck. I know that there are people here with the knowledge to answer these questions, so I figured I would give it a shot

Here are the two possible configurations I have come up with

currently I am running it Dual Amped just into the cab which is 800w @8 ohms

Attached Files:

2. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

are you building the effects too? or are you just building a cab?

you can look into something like the digitech talker, or you can try out the talkbox offered by danelectro.

3. paul.b.davis thread starter macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

I am building the effect myself

I have everything in place, I just need to figure out if everything will work OK once it is hooked up. Basically I need to know that my amp won't explode