Need some help choosing Software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by finnschi, Jan 2, 2009.

1. finnschi macrumors 6502

So I am not a new switcher... but i was running a G4 400 and a Hackintosh, both not really great for new software, but i finaly got myself a nice macbook! !

So now I need software... Price doesen't really matter that much.. I get a huge scolarship for software only so... i godda use this money :D

Home Design.
    I want to redesign my apartment, I used some really cool software back in like 98... so there is probably allot cooler stuff out there! I Don't want to get into special CAD things :eek: , just plain draw some walls and put a sofa there.. and a chair there... you know what I mean... :D

Virtualisation
    Should I go wioth parallels or Vmware Fusion? I already hav a Xp bootcamp patition... so it would be coolm if either of them support to boot off of that! :cool:

Movie player
    I hate Quicktime :( , it always crashes on me! I like VLC but the interface not too much... maybe some cool thing i missed?

Plugins
    Any cool plugins for iTunes/Quicktime or the best would be FRONTROW...

Games
    What cool mac games do you know? apart from halo and WoW ?

Secret tip?
    Maybe got some secret aplication taht U want to share, please don 't say the obvious stuff like Quicksilver(Don't like it) .....

PS: I have the Unibody macbook 2.4 and a iPhone 3g..... In case that matters!

GO :apple: !

2. finnschi thread starter macrumors 6502

Perian is Essential ;) going to try canybar :D Thank u :D

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...as for #2 (virtualization) I'd suggest that you search that one out here in the forums as it has been beaten to death many times over already - in short, many seem to prefer vmware over parallels....there is a thread over in the software forum that has links to various software recommendation threads - you should find some excellent info there for you.

Lucky you - I wish price didn't matter to me all the time!....oh yeah!

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

5. finnschi thread starter macrumors 6502

HA gues what I just brought home from the Apple Store :D:D:D DUDE this game is AWESOME :eek:

6. finnschi thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome exactly what I was looking for :D