Need some help creating an audio SD card

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by tawcat, Jun 6, 2014.

1. tawcat macrumors regular

I finally figured out how to convert mp4 to mp3. Figured out how to clean all the hidden files off the SD card. Now I have another issue.

Is there a way to create album folders? Let me explain what I'm trying to do.

The car player plays the music by track, 01, 02, 03, 04, etc. Problem is that every album has a track 01, so I get all track 01's playing. Is there a way to create a by album sequence?

I'd like to be able to play all of Jimmy Buffet, George Strait, etc instead having them mixed with each other.

Does this even make sense? Thanks so much.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Does the player support folders? If so make folders.

Does it simply list tracks alphabetically? If so name the files "Artest-album-tracknumber"

3. tawcat, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014

tawcat thread starter macrumors regular

It actually lists by Track number and Title. I tried adding folders, but the player didn't recognize them.

Update: So today I decided to just copy and paste the entire album folder onto the SD card. Seems this did the trick.

I also used the terminal app:

Open Terminal (in Applications/Utilities)
    Enter: dot_clean
    spacebar
    drag the flashdrive from the Desktop to the Termnal window
    press enter

It all seems to be working just fine.

4. Markwinstanley macrumors newbie

Change mp3 tags from Track 1 to Song Name. Use mp3 tag editor for this, will solve your issue.

5. Fishrrman macrumors G4

I had a similar problem, in my case it was creating an mp3 CD to play in the CD player on a Harley motorcycle.

I solved it with a little work.
    You may -- or may not -- want to try this.

In my case I have artist albums as folders and songs as files within those folders.

I created a temporary "burn folder" to do my re-numbering as below.

Example:
    First folder/album named "010" (and artist name)
    Songs inside numbered "011", "012", etc.

Second folder/album named "020" (and artist name)
    Songs inside numbered "021", "022", etc.

Then I burned this to CD it plays properly.

Aside #1:
    I -do not- use iTunes as a "music manager". I keep my mp3 files "apart from iTunes", all of them arranged in folders "artist/album", etc.

Aside #2:
    I also encountered a problem with Harmon-Kardon stereo on the motorcycle "choking" on album art (others with Harleys have had the same problem). I used a utility to "strip out" all the album art on the "burn folder" above before I burned it.

You may not want to do all this work.
    But it works for me...