need some help downloading software on os 10.2.8

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rachaelquag, Jan 26, 2008.

1. rachaelquag macrumors newbie

(not sure if this is the right forum to post this in.. but there was so many choices i wasnt sure which one to choose. :eek:)

anyways. i have a PowerBook G4 OS 10.2.8.. (old, i know!)

well, i really would like to download something similar to MS paint.

i've read so many threads today, and attemtped to many dowloads.. all of which failed.

i need one of these similar progams that can run on OS 10.2.

help?

2. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

GIMP is quite nice, it's a lot like Photoshop. But seriously dude, upgrade that OS! Even if you don't go to Leopard buy a used copy of Tiger off ebay or I'm sure there's at least one person here willing to let theirs go.

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

That is rather strange. So you are able to access the internet but nothing downloads from any site? I assume you are using Internet Explorer 5, or where you able to use Software Update and get Safari 1?

If you have another Mac in the house or a Windows PC you could try downloading Firefox, I think 1.5 is supported, and transfer it to your PBook via ethernet, thumbdrive, CD.

You may also want to open Disk Utility and repair permissions just in case on of your permissions got tweaked.

4. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I assume that he means he can't find software that supports 10.2

5. rachaelquag thread starter macrumors newbie

she*

and yes, that's what i meant.

also do they even make 10.4 for PowerBook G4? My moms MacBook came with os 10.4 software and i tried to DL it, but it didnt work. I kind of assumed that was because it said "OS 10.4 software for Macbook" on it.. or somthing along those lines.

anyways, i just tried the GIMP thing.. and i had A LOT of trouble downloading it.. i really dont understand what to do? usually there is just a button that says "download".. but that button on that page brings me to this other page.. which brings me to another page.. and so on.

6. Frisco macrumors 68020

You can try this version of Seashore. It says works with 10.2 and up, but you'll have to test it.

I would recommend you get yourself a retail copy of 10.4. 10.4 disks that came with your mom's Mac will only work on her type of Mac.

7. rachaelquag thread starter macrumors newbie

yes that worked. thank you!