Need some help, getting a strange screen during Tiger install.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dfinn, Dec 21, 2008.

1. dfinn macrumors member

I picked up a used macbook G4 to be used by my GF. I was hoping to get her a fresh install. I downloaded the Tiger .dmg files from a torrent site. They seem legit, I burned the first image to CDR and when I put it in the macbook it comes up with "Mac OSX Install Disc 1" and it has 2 PDFs and a "Install Mac OS X" binary. Unfortunately when I click on that it won't work because I don't have the previous users password.

So I attempt to boot of the cdrom and I get a blue screen that looks like it's telling me to insert batteries into something and then close the lid. See attached pic. I've reset the PRAM and that didn't make a difference.

Anyone seen this before?

[​IMG]

Could anyone send me a disk image of the 1st install CD for Tiger? Maybe this one has issues.

2. dfinn thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for being completely unhelpful. The install was stuck at this screen and would not move any further. I do not own a wireless mighty mouse.

I got the following info from another forum. That screen meant that the Tiger install was asking me to hookup a mouse. Once I did, the install proceeded.

3. slotcarbob macrumors member

Mouse

Just plug in a mouse, and restart. Worked for me.