Need some help - Google search

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Let’s say I search a website on google using a search term and let’s say the website would show up on the second page would this website still know I searched for there site using this search term if I never went to the second page? So basically can a website see I searched for them on google and can they see the search terms I used even if I never visited there site?

Tech198

macrumors G5
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
Let’s say I search a website on google using a search term and let’s say the website would show up on the second page would this website still know I searched for there site using this search term if I never went to the second page? So basically can a website see I searched for them on google and can they see the search terms I used even if I never visited there site?

A website only know which page u came from (known as referrer header), not what search term u used.. *only Google knows that*

but that doesn't always mean from Google's end they are not profiling end user with said website either.. (their probably not) but end user themselves would never know that.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
A website only know which page u came from (known as referrer header), not what search term u used.. *only Google knows that*

but that doesn't always mean from Google's end they are not profiling end user with said website either.. (their probably not) but end user themselves would never know that.
Hi thanks for your reply I read somewhere that they can see the search terms you used to find there site using google search console do you think this is true?

Tech198

macrumors G5
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
Hi thanks for your reply I read somewhere that they can see the search terms you used to find there site using google search console do you think this is true?

Google Search Console yes. It's to help web developers appear in Google and optimize your site better in what search terms u.