Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

finnschi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
Ok guys, so lets start. my Canon 10D just BROKE .. and I really fell in love with that beast..

Now I was looking at some 450D's and stuff like that... but well, they seem so small and just don't have the right feeling to it....

I don't care about the Weight or the size of a camera, I need something to replace my 10D, by not going over 1000$ ( I already have Lenses, and CF cards... and blah)

So do you have any Recomendations for me :confused: (I also would't mind buying a used one)

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
Ok guys, so lets start. my Canon 10D just BROKE .. and I really fell in love with that beast..

Now I was looking at some 450D's and stuff like that... but well, they seem so small and just don't have the right feeling to it....

I don't care about the Weight or the size of a camera, I need something to replace my 10D, by not going over 1000$ ( I already have Lenses, and CF cards... and blah)

So do you have any Recomendations for me :confused: (I also would't mind buying a used one)

get down a store and try some different models, get hands on, ok the 450D's are small, but i found the 40D fitted very well in my large paw's, the most comfortable camera ive ever held was the olympus E3 but I only use Nikons (D300 at mo) , only you can make the choice, don't just go on other peoples recommendations ;) 5 mins in the store will save hundreds of $'s wasted.
:) good luck fella.

SWC

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
If you loved the 10D I would go with the 40D. I just upgraded to the 5D MKII from it and I loved every second of owning it. Within your budget I think that is your best bet.

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
Shame, my old Canon 10D is still going strong, nice camera.

I also use a 40D and must say it's a good replacement for the 10D. I keep looking at a new 5D though...xD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.