Need some help here. SIM not supported message... iOS4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Offspring992, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Offspring992 macrumors member

Long story short: A friend of mine was given an unlocked 3G from her cousin that had 3.1.2 on it I'm assuming. She was using it on T-mobile. She accidentally updated to 3.1.3... I tried a few things a few weeks back to reverse that but had no luck. Now, even with an AT&T SIM card, I'm still getting the SIM not supported message in iTunes. The phone is stuck on the connect to iTunes screen, so I can't put it into airplane mode either. I decided to wait until iOS 4 was released to give it another shot. Same thing. I put it into DFU mode, updated to iOS 4, no luck. I'm running 10.6.4, and iTunes 9.2. I know the unlock for iOS 4 hasn't been released yet and that's fine. I just want to get it so she can use the iPhone as an iPod touch for now until iOS 4 is able to be unlocked. Any recommendations?

2. Fast/Furious macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

You need the iPhone to be activated to use any of the features.. since you updated to 3.1.3 which probably changed the baseband, you're pretty much SOL. Ultrasn0w (released literally 15 minutes ago) would have helped you if you didn't upgrade to 4.0... unfortunately there is no jb/unlock for the official 4.0 as of right now so you're going to have to wait.

3. Offspring992 thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. If only I had known this before attempting the 4.0 update. What about those TurboSIM cards that trick iTunes into thinking it's activated? Would something like that work?

4. Fast/Furious macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

I don't know about TurboSIM or any hardware unlocks... only software :( I'm sure iOS4 will be jailbroken + unlocked within a few days so waiting would be advisable here. Hang in there!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wait a few more days or weeks.
    There should be something out.
    And next time dont "accidentally" upgrade your JB and unlocked iphone or you'd be stuck again.
    Keep an eye on this site for news and tools: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

6. Fast/Furious macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

Agreed. Don't update anything unless the Dev-Team says so.