Need some help on connecting Black MacBook to new LCD HDTV

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kramjam, Nov 2, 2009.

1. kramjam macrumors 6502

kramjam

Hi there,

I've done some searching around the forums and tried to avoid making a post, I just don't want to get the wrong things here. I intend to connect an older Blackbook to a new 42" HDTV, and believe I need to purchase the following two things for the video signals: Mini DVI to DVI Adapter and a DVI to HDMI Adapter ?

I couldn't really figure out exactly what I'd need for the audio connections, if someone could suggest where to get all this from a cheap website instead of Apple's official products, that'd be really appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

You can get a Mini-DVI-->HDMI adapter at monoprice.com: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10419&cs_id=1041912&p_id=4852&seq=1&format=2 ($6.50)

There, you can also get an HDMI cable to connect to the TV's HDMI port (No more than $10 on the HIGH side). For audio, you'll have to see what audio add-on your TV supports to pair with HDMI. Since HDMI traditionally carries audio as well, most TVs have one HDMI port labeled "DVI" or "PC" and will have either a 3.5mm audio jack or a red/white RCA audio port pair to go with that HDMI port.

On monoprice.com you can then find the appropriate audio cable, either male/male 3.5mm audio cable or male 3.5mm to RCA.