Need some help please. App problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nolesfan, Jun 5, 2010.

1. nolesfan macrumors regular

I picked up a iPhone 3GS yesterday and my service is terrible in my area just like it is on my 3GiPad so i wasn't surprised. So I put my usual apps on and the are all working great, whistle, Skype etc. Now for some reason textfree unlimited works great on my iPad, I get push notifications like I'm supposed to but on the iPhone they will not come through unless I turn the phone on to check them. I can't understand what the difference is, same technology, same app but not the same results. I deleted the app and started over and still no good. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Try Settings~ then scroll down to the bottom. If the App isn't there, go to Settings~Notifications~click the app~then turn on sounds, alerts and badges. Hope that works for you.

3. nolesfan thread starter macrumors regular

Well thanks for your help but that app is under notifications on both the phone and iPad but everything is turned on. Thanks anyways, it was worth a shot. Anyone else?

4. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I dont own an ipad, but from what I have heard, the WiFi connection on the iPad stays active after you lock it. That isnt the case on the iphone so its possible the spotty service is failing and the notifications dont come in.

5. nolesfan thread starter macrumors regular

That would explain it then. Why doesn't the wifi stay on when the phone is off? So does that mean no push notifications will come through?

6. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Well as long as your connected to edge youll get notifications. Thats why im not too sure thats the problem. If you JB your phone you can get an app that keeps WiFi on, but it drains the battery really fast.

7. nolesfan thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately I have to go outside just to get edge. Kinda sucks!