Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grimwwr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Hi,
I've encountered a problem and am not sure a solution. I am not sure whether to restore or if there is something smaller than that where the situation can be resolved. Well, I was putting Iphone apps on my Ipod Touch and so I came along the MobileMusicPlayer.app (The Ipod Icon on the Iphone, and Music and Video icons on the Touch) Before I switched the Iphone version over to my touch, I made a back up of the original just in case. So I put the Iphone one on, and I run into a few problems, the main one being I have the icon...but can not get into my music or videos. So I thought "Forget it, I like Music and Video icons better." So I attempted at putting the backup back on the Touch. Well, apparently when making a backup, there was a problem and not all of it was copied. So now I run into an error every time I try to put the backup back onto the Ipod. I have googled and looked around, and can't find a solution other than downloading another Ipod Touch "MobileMusicPlayer.app" or restoring the Ipod Touch.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Grimwwr

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
if you have a friend with an ipod touch you can steal his and replace...
Good luck

Arisian

grimwwr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
I was also wondering if it was possible, say if some one uploaded their MobileMusicPlayer.app as a file if I could use that. And I was also wondering if it would be possible that when I restore...if I could save everything else (contacts, bookmarks, etc.) and replace it on my Ipod after I restore it and jailbreak it again. Basically making backups of everything and putting it on my new one so I don't lose things such as my contacts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.