Need some help to develop a ipad app

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by wilsonharry, Jun 20, 2012.

1. wilsonharry macrumors newbie

Hi:

I am planning develop an application that have foloowing function:

1. Users can donwload vidos from the server.

2. Those video will store in the ipad, so users can watch those videos without network.

3. Video will be updated everytime there is a new video update in the server.

I am very new to ios development but I have 2 years of asp.net, php web development experiences. so I am ok with oop, database stuff.

could anyone point me some direction what document I should look into and maybe some hints how I can develop this applications?

My first concerns is that : is there a limit how many videos an ipad applications can store?

thanks,

Harry

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

First, check the guides around here there are some real useful tips. I also think the developer portal adds some value as well but I could be wrong. Then remember, spell check everything in your app. ;)

Apple may not allow you to have something that downloads videos though. I'd check around before your waste your programming skills on an app that won't make it through their approval process.

3. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

You're app can store as much video's as you want, till the hard disk is full :)
    But the shipped application can't go over 2 gigs.
    Basically, you want an webservice on the start that checks for the video, when you get a JSON back with Changed properties, get the URL of that object, sync it to your iPad (seperate folder), and then when you click a button (from the movie), then you check, does this exists in the documents or not? and then you can decide to download it again or watch it from the device.
    Thats a rough rough flow of your app.