need some help with a joomla lightbox

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by sk3pt1c, Mar 30, 2012.

1. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

this is the page here,
    when you click on any of the bikes you're supposed to see a lightbox with an enlarged image of the bike with it's technical data.
    what it does now (for only the first image that i've added the rel to) is open up the enlarged image almost out of sight and without blacking out the rest of the window.
    i added slimbox, which is a mootools lightbox cause i didn't want jQuery to conflict with mootools that joomla uses, slimbox works by adding a rel="lightbox" in the link tag.
    any ideas why it isn't working? thanks in advance! :)

2. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

cmd+option+c tells me that there is an invalid character in the slimbox.css.

There are all these #lbOverlay, #lbCenter and #lbImage divs that don't have any CSS rules applying to them in the inspectElement pane.

3. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

for some retarded reason i had set the type of slimbox.css to text/javascript, must've been a ****ed up copy/paste somewhere, set it to text/css and it doesn't throw errors but that doesn't fix the problem with the image dropping to the bottom left...

4. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Oh you were so close. Its not a script, it shouldn't be in a <script> tag. It should be in a <link/> tag.

5. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

:D :D seriously, i have been doing this for four years now, i don't understand why i'm making these rookie mistakes... :confused::confused::confused:

ok, it pops up properly now but is still the same narrow size... i honestly can't see past my finger on this, it's driving me insane, i must be too tired...

----------

it's supposed to auto adjust to each image's size but mine are all 800x600 so i just set that size to #lbImage and it works ok now.

thank you so much mate, it takes someone else to look at what you've done to see the most simple mistakes i guess, i must've been too tired to debug it properly, i feel so ashamed :(

6. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Yeah, rubber ducky debugging. :)