Need some help with Carbon Copy Cloner

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bounou, Jul 28, 2012.

1. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

So i upgrade to the trial version of CCC and plan on using it to make a daily backup of my iTunes media file.

I have the primary file on a 2TB external HD and want to backup everything on that drive to another 2TB external HD, both drives are connected with FW 800.

Currently there is an identical copy of both files on both drives, i want to schedule regular daily backups at 3AM that would keep both drives identical.

Had a bit of scare with the software raid 1 i was using for both drives when i upgraded with mountain lion so i want to manage it myself and was hoping to use CCC to do it.

I tried to schedule a first backup last night but after 7 hours only 16GB had transfered over, considering it took me 4 hours to transfer the entire library over i assume i made an error.

My question is what do i need to do? Is there a way to tell CCC not to delete the existing file that is on the backup drive just to keep it identical to the one on the main drive?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Yes. In the Schedule Task window delete the old schedule. Then close the Scheduled Tasks. Then manually set up the clone, the way want, and then , before starting this manual backup, and save that clone as a scheduled task.