Need some help with "Customize"

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by laserterd, Nov 19, 2007.

1. laserterd macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I just bought an ipod touch, and i gotta say, its really cool. I looked into the 3rd party apps and discovered www.jailbreakme.com, and so on. I downloaded a few games, a few cool applications, and then i found the whole skins things. So i downloaded "Customize", that colorful rainbow wheel thing, and also the other downloads that allow you to use the "summerboards".

Now these styles and things work, but then when i press on "Customize", it takes me to a screen that says "spicy chicken", and a chicken belching fire. But then it just quits and goes to the main screen. I know that this is bad because my friend has an iphone, and his button takes him to that screen, then goes on to a full menu thing that lets you customize everything. How come mines doesnt?

Also, i cant seem to download some things, like "Apollo". When i download them, it says "cannot download: cannot connect to host".

Thanks!

2. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

It takes a few times for customize to start up. like it may take 4-5 times and while waiting just start taping the little chicken. thats what i did and then eventually worked

3. laserterd thread starter macrumors newbie

nope...

ive noticed that my ipod is MUCH more glitchy and slow than usual, and safari and other programs frequently quit and go back to the main page...

4. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

what version do you have.

go to installer then got to uninstall find customize then tap on it then on the screen it will tell you what version it is.

for it to open up right away it should be (well mine is) version 1.18 beta so try it

5. laserterd thread starter macrumors newbie

Name: Customize
    Version: 1.18
    Size: 277.3 KB

Is this supposed to work on ipod touch?

6. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

YES!!!

7. 864646 macrumors regular

scroll down this forum and find a thread called customize app works
    that is a customize app iPod edition guaranteed to work and its better