Need some help with different readings.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Ortiz7983, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Ortiz7983 Suspended

I have Comcast and I pay for 120 Mbps. I have a Motorola Arris SB6190 and my router is a new AirPort Extreme. Now, I can't get a consistent connection of download speed. It always is up and down. Like this picture. My ideas how I can keep it constant and steady? I ask because there are people saying they get steady speeds with the SB6138 and the one I have has 32 channels compared to 16. Just so you know, all I did was connect it and got it activated and that was it. Didn't mess with any settings. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451809244.233378.jpg

2. Scary Spice macrumors regular

Scary Spice

The uploads are rock solid. Ping times are fantastic. Your service should be super usable with these specs.

I find speedtest on iOS devices reads low on Airport wifi networks with higher speed ISP services. Test using a Mac (or PC for that matter) for results that are more reflective of the real world.

You have pretty typical results for a consumer service. If you want guaranteed super consistent speeds, you will have to pay for a managed service and they are not cheap.

Good luck trying to get any resolution to this from your ISP.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://192.168.100.1

Click this link to get to the modem screens then give us a screenshot of the signal levels and also the event logs.

4. Ortiz7983 thread starter Suspended

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451856482.653193.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451856489.352752.jpg

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Your signal levels look good, but it looks like you grabbed that event log right after a firmware update and reboot, so it is not showing much. Try and grab a shot of the log right after you have the connectivity issues.

Maybe that new modem firmware they just pushed to you will help things also.