Need some help with flash... maybe its just a simple fix

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by thumper, May 14, 2010.

1. thumper macrumors 6502

thumper

A friend of mine put together a nice flash website for me.
    its got a bunch of .fla, .swf and .html files which i just have to edit with my information. pretty easy.

I uploaded all the files to my server and everything works great.
    so ive been editing the .fla files, inserting my pictures and information then
    publishing the .swf files and putting them back on the server and everthing looks great.

* The problem is that after uploading my last .swf file my webpage stopped working... i can see the front page put it doesnt load and when i click on my links it doesnt go to them.

When i open the .swf file i get this ERROR:

Error opening URL 'file:///Macintosh%20HD/Users/thumper%5Fjeep/Library/Caches/Cleanup%20At%20Startup/Transmit/3704291E%2D0BE0%2D4A1F%2DB379%2D3F80743EE79B/xml/menu.xml'

It looks like the .swf file is looking xml/menu.xml on the server but for
    some reason the path is all wrong and the path appears to be to my Mac and not the server.

any ideas how to repair this??? :(

thanks for your time

2. invdrzim macrumors newbie

invdrzim

The only thing I can think of is tediously relinking all of your links back to the server address :( Not sure if there's an easier, one-click fix. Are these (wrong) links in the .swfs or within the HTML ?

-n

3. thumper thread starter macrumors 6502

thumper

they must be from the .swf file...

i just tried something that makes me wonder if its coming from my flash cs4.

i just upload the original .swf, and my web page came back to life again.
    so i opened the original .fla and reedited it, published a new .swf and again...
    the web page stoped working.

all im doing is changing a name in the .fla

so it seems that once i publish it in my cs4 it stops working.