Need some help with HD connected to airport extreme base.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tuddy, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Tuddy macrumors newbie

I have a Airport Extreme base station and have connected a hard drive to it to access over the network. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Anyway. Today it stops working 100% and I cannot get it working.

I have tried restarting it and changing settings but nothing. Even tried restating my macbook but nothing :(

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

2. Jestered macrumors 6502

I know when the base was first released there were problems with the drives not mounting or disappearing. Since the firmware update to the extreme base, I have not had any problems with the drives disappearing.

Make sure that you have updated the firmware to the latest build. If that does not work, or you have already done that, you can try to hard reset the airport base and set it up again. Maybe some settings for what not have gotten corrupt or hosed up somehow.

3. Tuddy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply :)

I have tried all of that and have installed the firmware 7.1.1 today but still no luck :(

4. davede70 macrumors member

I am having somewhat the same problem. The hard drive shows up on the Airport Admin Utilties and I have all the right stuff checked, but I can't find the drive on my macbook.

Should it just show up on my desktop? Or is it somewhere else.

5. Tuddy thread starter macrumors newbie

It should show on the desktop and when u open a folder, it should show up on the left under the network and HD icons.

Has anyone got a fix for this?

6. srexy macrumors 6502a

Try using the Airport Disk Utility.app which you'll find in the applications\utilities folder

This usually solves the problem w/my stubborn Fat32 partition.