Need some help with IMEI and data wipe

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by bees4honey, Oct 3, 2011.

1. bees4honey macrumors newbie

bees4honey

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is correct place for such thread, please correct me if I should move this topic.

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to read iPhone's IMEI number programmatically from Mac OS software and then automatically initiate data-wipe (so iPhone will be reset to factory defaults).

So my questions are:
    1. Is it possible to read IMEI from custom software installed on Mac OS computer?
    2. Is it possible to initiate reset to factory default from custom software running on Mac OS? Or only iTunes and FInd My iPhone apps can initiate data wipe?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

In Short

No. You can only read the imei number from the phone (you don't say iPhone either or what type it is) itself, buy using a key combo. If I read between the lines here, you are trying to unlock it?

----------

it's also on the box of everything other than an iPhone.

3. bees4honey thread starter macrumors newbie

bees4honey

Thanks for quick reply!

I'm sorry not to mention about it, but I'm talking about iPhone.

No, I don't jailbreak it. I need to create software which reads iPhone's IMEI and then destroy all personal data on it.

For now I know only two ways to find iPhone's IMEI:
    1. In iTunes
    2. On iPhone itself.

Perhaps, there are some other ways...

4. bees4honey thread starter macrumors newbie

bees4honey

Is there any way to remove personal info from iPhone and read IMEI programmatically using Mac OS computer? Besides iTunes or iPhone itself. It's needed for selling used iPhones, so all data can be deleted and IMEI of sold iPhone can be checked before selling it to new owner.