need some help with iphone 4...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Truefan31, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

i've jailbroken it already, trying to put Siri on it. Is the best one Spire? I've read that once spire is done, I gotta find a proxy server for siri to work. I'm a lil confused. Can someone point me in the right direction?

2. rak007 macrumors 6502a

I am not sure if i can help but what iOS version is your iPhone 4 on ?
    Mine is on iOS 5.1.1 and jailbroken. But when i tried installing spire from cydia, it was mentioned that spire is not supported in this iOS version.
    May be if you can make it work, do mention here as it might help people like me.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I used spire with no issues and then used i.m.z.d.l's proxy certificates with 99% success.

Their is a thread on here about them and their website is informative too.

Spire wont work on 5.1 onwards as the developer was not prepared to anger apple by re writing the code for it to work, so perhaps look at spite !

Follow their instructions to send your details and phone details. Pay the yearly subscription which is cheap and they send you an e mail loaded with their certificates etc. Key in the one that is nearest to your location and away you go.

Siri on the iphone 4 can be a little sluiggish when you first press the home button and the raise to ear will not work but their are tweaks to enhance your user experiance with it.