Need some help with my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ashleylatyki, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ashleylatyki macrumors newbie

I have a late 2009 model Macbook Pro, intel processor, 2 gb of ram, 160 gb hard drive. I just recently tried to install bootcamp to try to run Windows on it but something went terribly wrong. Whenever i try to boot up the computer i get the apple logo and then a circle with a slash through it. The computer then turns black and says "no hard disk- insert hard disk and press any key". This is the windows part of the computer. I have tried to boot my mac from the install disk but nothing happens when i press "c". I also tried this on the black windows screen but nothing happens as well. If anyone knows what i have to do, please respond. Thanks so much

2. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

never heard anything like this before...

so ur saying you can't even boot up with apple's supplied reinstall disks by pressing c?

3. RoyalFlushAK(s) macrumors member

There is no such thing as a message like: "no hard disk- insert hard disk and press any key" I never heard if any system computer to instruct the user to insert a hard disk. - What is this? lol, lol, lol, ....lol,:rolleyes:

RF,

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

maybe i'm understanding you wrong, but try this:

start your computer, hold the option key (alt) from the start. If it's possible select your mac partition. Then try to work things out (like deleting the partition).

If you can't start into your mac os x partition either try booting with a mac os x cd. You already told it doesn't work with holding c, maybe it will work with holding the option key. It never hurts to try.

5. head honcho 123 macrumors 6502

well any results?