Need some help with the Erase All Content and Settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fireshot91, Jul 18, 2009.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yes, I realize that it erases the OS.

I hit that (on purpose), and it went through the process. Right now, it's at the Apple logo with a bar under it that's fully done. Except, iTunes doesn't recognize it.

Do I have to put it into DFU mode or something?

EDIT: I got it, I was finally able to put it into DFU mode and connect to iTunes.

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

When I did my 3g a few weeks ago that bar didn't even get to the end before it restarted in DFU.

3. nightfly macrumors newbie

yea... im not too sure bout this one too..

i did the erase all setting method 2 times and after completing the loading sequence. Both of them end up stuck in the apple logo without loading bar...

is this supposed to be like this?

4. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yeah, it's supposed to be there WITHOUT the loading bar- You erased the OS.

Mine is stuck with the loading bar.

Last night, I just kept it and went to sleep, this morning, it was turned off- battery ran out.

I'm charging it right now.

5. lavinci macrumors 6502

How do you erase the OS? From what I have done before, it just erases everything, but requires you to plug it into iTunes for it to be activated/synced again.

6. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yes, that is erasing the OS.

It's like formatting your hard drive of your computer- You'll lose everything- including the OS.

That's essentially what the Erase All Content And Settings button does.

7. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Yeah, I never knew that until I was sending my old iPhone back to apple. I chose erase all content and reset all settings. It did it an then I was at the Apple logo that stayed on the screen for 15 seconds then shut off Tried turning it on again and the same thing happened. I had to put it into DFU mode and restore. On my iPod touch 1G when I was on 2.2.1 I did this and it told me to connect to iTunes with that cable and iTunes logo screen. Then I connected it and was good to go.
    I thought I had broke my Original iPhone doing this but it's normal as it now erases the iPhone OS.

8. nightfly macrumors newbie

ahh OK so that means that it is supposed to be stuck with only the apple logo :p

9. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Yes. Mine was stuck with the Apple logo and the bar underneath it, so that was kinda frustrating.

10. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

Ok, so if I'm sending mine back to Apple, and want all my info off of it, what is the exact procedure to do?