Need some help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cayenneS, Apr 12, 2008.

1. cayenneS macrumors newbie

I am new to the iMAC OS X and am having some problems that I hope someone can help me with. I do home transcription and bought a foot pedal that is compatible with the MAC and the software I downloaded. However, I cannot get the foot pedal to connect to the software so that I can use it. When I go to system preferences, click on control everything is there for the foot pedal but it just doesn't work. How do I connect this to the software? I called the place where I purchased the foot pedal but they could not help me because they do not know the MAC. Anyone here can help me? Also, I tried to download a sound file - med80_1.rm.ram -
    but safari cannot open it without an application. How do I open sound files? I really need this as soon as possible so I won't lose out on several jobs. I bought he iMAC because I thought it would be a lot better than the PC I had, but seems I made a mistake.....I hope not.

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Start by telling us the name of the foot pedal and the software.

3. cayenneS thread starter macrumors newbie

ooops, ok

the software is Express Scribe and the foot pedal is by Executive Communications Systems, Inc. Infinity with a USB. I contacted them, but they are not familiar with the MAC. Thanks.

4. seeker777 macrumors member

seeker777

I can not solve your problem, but there was some discussion in another thread about transcription software that may provide some leads on other software that may also be compatible with the pedal.