Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goodtimes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2008
Hey all, had a question. i am using my imac, and i have two external monitors for editing. when i just hook up the one monitor, everything is cool, i have two different screens, but when i hook up the 3rd monitor, it mirrors the other monitor, so its basically working like i only have two up. how do i get the third one to "be on it's own." thanks so much..dt

catachip

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hey all, had a question. i am using my imac, and i have two external monitors for editing. when i just hook up the one monitor, everything is cool, i have two different screens, but when i hook up the 3rd monitor, it mirrors the other monitor, so its basically working like i only have two up. how do i get the third one to "be on it's own." thanks so much..dt

As far as I know, the video card in the iMac only supports extended desktop on one screen, meaning the other would have to be mirrored. Sorry, it doesn't seem like there is any way to achieve what you are looking for with the current setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.