need some imovie help, please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcmillyonaire, Jun 12, 2007.

1. mcmillyonaire macrumors newbie

So i've been using i movie for quit some time on my mac mini. Than decided to buy a macbook pro. I make alot of slideshows and always organize my photos into different folders. In the media -> photo section of imovie all the photos are just bunched together in alphabetical order. No folders? What gives? I believe they are actually called "rolls" in iphoto. Is there a setting I'm missing?
    Thanks,
    Please help.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Rolls relate to rolls of film, so every time you import some photos, collectively those photos are in a "roll". You can change the view settings so you don't see the rolls, and then add them to folders too and what not.

So if I am to read your post correctly, you thought that "rolls" were folders (which they are not), and wanted the rolls to be displayed in iMovie, as they are in iPhoto.

Unfortunately I don't know if this is possible to change, from a view menu or something, as I am not on my mac right now, however I'd suggest putting the photos into proper folders next time, or from now on, and you can still keep the rolls setting, but it's not the same as a folder, it just shows you what also came with the photo your looking at basically.

3. mcmillyonaire thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually did put the photos in folders on the desktop. I then went to iphoto and imported all the folders. They came up as rolls though? Perhaps I am importing them wrong?