Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I'm having trouble with this photo, I need to know who took it please. I found it on a google search but without a reference at all.

Thank you in advance if you know it.

Attachments

• surreal2.jpg
    surreal2.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 243

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
What were your image search criteria? Perhaps we can expand those somehow to get more info on the original photographer.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
Sadly that is the site I got it from and while I have emailed him he actually hasn't responded directly to my questions about it.

Thank you for finding the site as well since I lost it as well.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
It's interesting that other photos on the site sport his signature, but this particular one does not. I wonder if it's really his?

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
emw said:
It's interesting that other photos on the site sport his signature, but this particular one does not. I wonder if it's really his?
Yeah I'd noticed. Also, it doesn't really fit in with anything else that he does. Only problem is trying to find where is get it from...

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I did ask my university lecturers and they gave me a name:

Manuel Alvarez Bravo

I googled for his photos but that drew a blank, their reasoning was the photo looked Latin American in style and the guy who runs the website is from Argentina, the lecturers didn't know this till afterwards when i told them.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Just curious... why do you need to know who took the photo? Also, someone may have done a photo illustration using someone else's (maybe two different photographers) work. It's interesting, but I was just curious as to what you need the artist's name for?

Here's a thought... :D I'll bet whoever owns the copyright will contact you if you use the image publicly. Of course, that may cost you something in the end, but at least you'd know...

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I would have liked to know who had taken the photo so I can do some more research against that individual.

Also the person who did own the copyright did contact me, it was the owner of the original site, he finally got back to me, he had done it himself so that's sorted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.