Need some info

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Nikonni, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Nikonni macrumors newbie

Hey guys at the moment I have a 15" Macbook Pro 2.2 and im looking to get
    a desktop system like a mac pro but I know apple keep changing things every so often and I was wondering if anyone had heard of any new updates coming for the Mac Pro like a new case design as well as the apple displays if anyone knows when they are going to change the design of these it would be a great help as i wouldnt want to buy the the current stuff then 3 weeks later they bring out new ones :confused:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Why does a workstation need a new case?

There will be no updates until at least January.

3. Nikonni thread starter macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if they had a new design in mind like a jump from the G4 to the Current design.

4. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

There are rumours about a new case design for MBP, but there is nothing in the air about MP. To be honest, it's still terrible nice. No single other PC brand is even approaching its beauty.

sash

5. Nikonni thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i love the case design as it is but just didnt want to buy one then them change it... What about the apple displays they have to be due some sort of update any ideas on that ?

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Not really. There's no better panel out there, and Apple isn't going to lower prices any time soon.

7. CharlieKirk macrumors 6502

Talest skil what do you do?

I'd love to be able to sit on mac rumors all day..but nehalem must be saved for, as to my al gore setup that needs saving for too.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What do I do? While away boredom on MacRumors while I do nothing in my summer before college. I'm saving for my Nehalem Mac Pro, too, but my place of work (nice retirement community; good pay) gives preferential scheduling to college kids, so I'm working only about a fifth of what I wanted to this summer.

I come here to learn and to be able to tell people what's what. The only speculation from me is based on the facts that we know. I don't make things up to make them up.

Oh, and my "Al Gore" setup is complete... minus the Mac Pro, of course. I'll let you muse on what that means.

9. CharlieKirk macrumors 6502

x3 30" displays.

I'm buying one a week for three weeks. Unless I really like them. Then it'll be for four. :)

Mac Pro already here.

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Post pics or I'll do... something. Oh, MAN, that is epic...

And I thought my two 24s and a 20 were cool...:(