Need some insight on MBP choices. (Design Work)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raiderarch329, Jul 12, 2010.

1. raiderarch329 macrumors newbie

Gonna be getting a MBP for school in the fall and will be doing design work. Mainly AutoCAD (Bootcamp obviously), FormZ, Photoshop, Illustrator, and a few others here and there.

I want to go with a 13" because i love its size, and if i have any large projects i have a beast of a desktop that i can use. But while in class am i going to regret not having a dedicated graphics card that the 15" models have.

Either way i go im probably gonna do an SSD of some sort, and if so, does that make the 13" situation sit easier with you guys?

just need some insight to help ease my decision making since none of my friends or colleagues really now much about hardware requirements for design software.

2. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

I know Photoshop and Illustrator work fine and if you do very heavy graphic work, you'll probably want the SSD and 8GB of RAM.

What might be an issue is the resolution. You probably want the 15" for more room to do your work. The discrete graphics are nice as well. The 15" is bigger but not monsterous I think.

It will surely fit in a backpack.