Need some Keynote presentation set-up tips!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by badlydrawnboy, Sep 11, 2015.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

I'm giving a presentation at the end of next week in a large, theater-style venue. My computer has to be up in the projection room, so I won't have access to it on stage. This is a problem, because I don't use a lot of text on slides (I follow the "Beyond Bullet Points" or "Presentation Zen" principles) and need access to my presenter notes—I don't have the presentation completely memorized.

The A/V person suggested that I bring a second Macbook to have on stage with me, that I would use to just display the notes. I will have a remote that will advance the slides on the screen, but I'd then have to manually advance the slides/notes on the Macbook that is on stage with me. The problem with this is that I don't have another Macbook.

I'm wondering if there is another way to do this. For example, is there any way of wirelessly connecting an iPad to my laptop and making the iPad display the presenter notes from my Macbook that is up in the projection room?

Any other ideas? Thanks.

2. dangerfish macrumors 6502

You can use the remote app on the iPhone and connect them over wifi. iPhone would then work as a remote for you

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Print out your notes? I always use a printed script.

4. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

What is the distance limit with the remote? Or does it work from anywhere as long as it's connected to the same wifi network?

Paper definitely works, but somewhat less elegant.

5. liya1201 macrumors member

For me, rehearsals many times and memorized what to talk worked the best.