Need some new headphones but not Beats

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by amirite, Jan 17, 2016.

1. amirite macrumors 6502a

I recently listened to the "Beats Solo 2" headphones at an Apple store and, don't get me wrong, they look good and function well—but they are not quality headphones and do not justify such a price tag in my eyes.

What headphones are you guys using as alternatives to these things?

I have a pair of AKGs which I use at home, but they're not really something you'd wear outside. Unfortunately I've been spoiled by the sound of these things so I'm going to expect a lot out of any headphones over $150.

I'm fine with the quality of Apple's non-Beats earbuds though. Maybe it's just the price of them that makes it better, or that I'm used to them. Unfortunately the sound has become weak and tinny in them lately so I need some new portable headphones, preferably not in-ear.

$200 is the very top of my budget right now. Wireless is a plus.

Thx

2. player one macrumors newbie

player one

Koss KSC75. I'm still surprised at how good it sounds and how inexpensive it is. I did the headband mod and use it everyday at work.

3. biopig macrumors member

ijust bought a SONY SBH80, light yet good sound quality with adequate bass, totally friendly to those who wear glasses. soooo much better than the powerbeats 2. but the cons would be lack of battery indicator on iPhone. affordable price for under $100 on amazon.

4. arggg14 macrumors 6502a