Need some opinions and answers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LaHaine, Jul 8, 2008.

1. LaHaine macrumors newbie

So I plan on getting an Iphone this friday, and I don't have AT&T at the moment, so I don't really know them as a provider or how they really operate.

Should I purchase my plan and everything when I buy the iphone or what?

I don't have a lot of music at the moment, especially since my computer crashed not too long ago, so should I just get the 8gb instead of the 16? I was thinking of only putting on the necessities, as far as music goes.

Roughly how many gigs is each application?

I was thinking about going to the AT&T store in the town next door to me instead of the Apple store that's about 30 mins away, because i figured it would be much more crowded. Good idea or no?

Idk, any other tips and such would be awesome, thanks.

2. L3X macrumors 6502a

I'll answer your questions, but you can find your answers by searching the iPhone threads.

Get whichever size you think you need. Bigger is always better if you can spend the money. Apps will not be larger than 2 GBs.

I would go to AT&T first and if they are sold out for some reason, the Apple store should have plenty.

You WILL HAVE TO get a data plan with the iPhone. You will not be able to walk out of the store with just an iPhone and no contract.

3. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Yes, you will have to purchase the plan and everything when you buy the iPhone so by the time you are walking out the door, it will be activated and working. If you want to just put on the necessities 8gb should be fine, but movies are about 1 gb each. Most apps on the other hand will be a lot less than that, some even less than 10 mb so don't worry too much about space for the apps.

I would run to the AT&T first, at opening if possible, but if they are out then Apple is almost guaranteed to have some in stock. Good luck and have fun!

4. LaHaine thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that I was wondering if I should get the contract before friday, or on friday when I purchase the phone