Need some opinions on a purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dand1996, Feb 12, 2011.

  1. dand1996 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2009
    #1
    Hey guys-

    I would appreciate any insight...

    I have the opportunity to buy a new MBP + cinema display at a realm ice discount in the next week. The catch is I Hafta make the purchase in the next week to get the discount and I know that MBP updates are coming.

    I use my mac for web browsing and some heavy zipping and unzipping of large files. I do not have a need for the MBP updates coming in the next months performance wise but investment wise it would be better to not buy year old technology.

    So the question is, buy a MBP knowing an update is coming and get a nice discount, or wait for the update and pay retail?

    Thanks for any insight.
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    What MBP is it? How much is the discount? If you can save hundreds, then I would just get them now. You can always sell the MBP and buy a new one IF the update offers something you really need or want. If you get a good discount, then you won't even have to pay that much for the upgrade.
     
  3. leefisher macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2010
    #3
    If you are worried about the refresh, then why don't you purchase the MacBook Pro at a discount and then sell it immediately before the refresh. Hopefully you'll make a profit on the sale and that can go towards your savings for an updated MBP
     
  4. dand1996 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2009
    #4
    Thanks guys..

    I'm looking at the 15" entry level MBP, strictly for it's performance not it's screen size. If I could get the 13" in an i5 I would prefer that...

    I would be saving anywhere between 20-30%.

    I will def get a cinema display cuz they are so freaking sexy.
     

Share This Page