Need Some Opinions on What to Do

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tibbers, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Tibbers macrumors member

Hi there,

Hopefully no one will mind me asking, but I'd like to have some quick opinions on what to do in order to get the new iPhone.

First of all, all Apple stores are about two hours away from me and I have no way to get there anyways in the morning/late evening. As for Walmart, I can't get there early in the morning either.

I'm on a "waiting list" at RadioShack. I'm pretty sure this means I'm screwed, lol. The lady I spoke to told me that it doesn't guarantee me anything but she took my name and number. They open at 10 AM Thursday so if I don't get a call by 11:30, I'm giving them a call to see what's up and where I am on the list.

I've already spoken to the Walmart in my area and they wouldn't give me any info and they were extremely rude. Something new and different. My area is extremely rural so I doubt they'll be getting many anyways- but I wonder if any will be there at the end of the day. I guess I'll call...

Anyways though, now for my real question: Will the Apple stores have phones for sale after launch day? I'm going to FL on Saturday so although I'd like to have one by then, I'm pretty sure I won't. Will it be possible to purchase one on, say, Monday, June 28th from an Apple store do you think? Or will they be totally sold out and only taking another batch of pre-orders?

Thanks, sorry if these sound like dumb questions. xD

2. trav macrumors member

trav

We can only speak from the past. In the past, Apple has received daily shipments and always has more stock than any other retailer (AT&T, etc). They also had availability listed on their retail website in the past, so you can check that potentially before schlepping to a store.

Other than that, there's no other info yet. Good luck!

3. Tibbers thread starter macrumors member

Thanks so much for the quick response, I appreciate your time. :)

Hopefully that's the case with this release. There are many stores in FL that will be near my location.

4. trav macrumors member

trav

No problem! I'm actually in a similar boat. Apple stores are about 45 min from me and I was unable to pre-order thanks to AT&T's servers. By late on the 15th, I was able to order one for my mother, but it's not delivering till July 16th. That is unacceptable to me. I'd also prefer white, but will take black as long as it's 32GB and on Thursday!

Last year was so much smoother. I ordered on order day and it was at my door on launch day. So easy! This year, I'll be in line around 4am... which actually should be pretty fun!

5. Tibbers thread starter macrumors member

Wow, that sucks. I wanted a white one too but I've convinced myself that black looks more sharp...

Good luck! Hopefully RS works out for me/Walmart (I doubt)/Apple stores in FL.

6. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

I dont think you will be able to get one till july. There pretty much sold out. You need to try harder if you want this iphone4 then just saying you will show up to an apple store on saturday. Last year they where sold out and nobody was able to get it on saturday or sunday after it was released. Good luck.

7. Tibbers thread starter macrumors member

Lol, I'm not gonna show up on a Saturday- that's when I leave for vacation.

I was just wondering if the Apple stores get a new supply each day or whatever.

Thanks anyways! :)

8. trav macrumors member

trav

Apple stores are having 2 lines: one for pre-orders/reservations, one for others. Therefore, Apple stores will obviously have some non-reserved iPhones available. How many is unknown, but they will have some on Thursday.

9. Tibbers thread starter macrumors member

Well, I called up RadioShack and they notified me that they received three phones. I'm number six on the waiting list. They said that if the first five people don't pick up their phones within two days (which of course isn't going to happen), I'll receive one obviously.

They said they would call and notify me when they have more in stock and one will be put back for me.

Just curious: When do you think they'll get more in stock, lol? Middle of July? Or will they continue to get shipment like the Apple stores (hopefully) will?

If that's the case, I'll just order online and forget about them.

I called my local Walmart too and the guy said they don't even have their stock in yet. Why do I doubt this...