Need some opinions

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Hondaboi, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Hondaboi macrumors newbie

Hondaboi

Hello,

This was a new project for me, it's a site for buying back Apple products (yeah, I know lots of those around) but I would like some opinions. Good or bad. I love honest feedback, thanks in advance for your help. The site was made in CodeIgniter and Bootstrap framework.

Mac Metro [dot] com

Cheers!

2. olup macrumors 6502

What I like about the site is the way you walk a customer through the selling process, big buttons and no itty bitty form to fill out.
    What I don't like is the made with love thing in the footer. That's a personal thing though.

3. Hondaboi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hondaboi

What if I did "Made on a Mac" instead?

4. Hondaboi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hondaboi

Check now, let me know if that's better. :)

5. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Looks clean, just a little ... blocky with the blue colours. I'd probably suggest making it much whiter/transparent to fit in with Apple's aesthetic.

Also on the 'sell' page it says 'Choose Your Apple Device To Sell Now' - and it has an Android phone listed too, so get rid of the mention for Apple. Plus I wouldn't capitalise every single word on the title, especially not the word 'to' -- 'to', 'and', 'the', 'but' -- those sorts of words in titles should always be lower case.

On the fair prices paid bit, you've got the "NO BS" offer in seconds -- which comes across a little awkward to read. I'd probably rephrase that.

The aesthetic of your FAQ section is much more what you should be looking towards for the whole website IMO.

6. Hondaboi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hondaboi

Which title is capitalized so I can fix that? Yes, I will make the fair prices paid a little more professional. Thanks for your help!

7. Hondaboi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hondaboi

8. Hondaboi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hondaboi

I would appreciate some more opinions, please. Thanks ;) I am not a professional, just a noob but I will work on making it better.

9. -pete- macrumors member

Alright, a few things:

1. That blue.. man, its intense... how about going for a slightly more neutered shade?
    2. Your footer links may look a bit better in a lighter shade too, they're quite hard to read at the moment.
    3. You might benefit from a sticky footer, its not that difficult to do and makes pages much nicer to read, see http://ryanfait.com/sticky-footer/
    4. How about adding some photos? It looks very stark at the moment and not very... "human", as there isn't much content I would say it is a little bare.
    5. Personally I'm not a fan of the whole "Made with a Mac" thing, when was the last time you saw something like this on a professional site? Its like boasting about the paper manufacturer for your book, no one really cares.

Sorry if this seems harsh, its a good business idea and you have strong foundations, it just needs a little more work :)

10. Hondaboi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hondaboi

Thank you, I might use a video as the homepage background, but let's see what I can do. I will post an update on here when I have made some more changes for you to review. You rock!