Need some quick advice ASAP, before I go back to store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shoppy, Jan 4, 2008.

1. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I have a 17" MBP with the spec in my signature. However I have a loose hinge and after the advice on the forum. ( I would have never even checked unless I had read it) I have managed to get the retailer and apple to do a DOA 14 day exchange. The only problem is the retailer will have to order my machine if I want the same spec. However they do have a another 17" MBP same spec but non glossy. I have never had glossy on a pro and have really come to like it, so what to do?

Please give me some advice.

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

In my opinion you have several options.

1. Get the matte and never look back, I have a glossy screen but wouldn't mind having matte. Both works fine for me.

2. Wait until the machine of your specs come in.

3. Ask for a refund and buy a new MBP which may come out very soon.

:)

3. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can I ask for a refund? the store has a 7 day refund policy, they made it out like it was huge favour, I am a bit wary of pushing my luck. I know something knew will come out, but to be honest I am loving my machine, so spec wise nothing else I would be interested in. I do upgrade my machines every 4- 6 months normally. I know what you mean ref;

Glossy or matt I am not that overly bothered as I have never had it except on sony machines and MB's. Neither which I liked.

High res is a must now that i have had it, I like the HD aspect and screen real estate.

Simon

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Go for the one they have in stock, you won't regret it! I too am loving the MBP, remember this could become a classic as Apple may introduce a completely new MBP this month.

Good luck!!

x
    Ben

P.S. i'm very jealous of your specs, tho i'm perfectly happy with mine. i just use it for normal stuff ~ lol. btw matte screen is also ace, you don't get glares + you get true colour representation!

5. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I totally agree with you I wish I had kept my 17" PB G4 1.67. There is minimal glare on the 17" glossy MBP. I guess I will pop down and look at the machine. I use mine for web browsing, on my forums, itunes and iphoto.

6. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Lol, with your specs I thought you would be running super CPU/graphic intensive professional video editing or something. But what the heck, we deserve the best stuff when they're plenty of money in the bank. Cheers

7. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nah, I am some one who just likes my technology and I have no desktop as I travel a lot, my wife has an imac and 17" MBP.