need some quick advice, going to buy mac tomorrow

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chris3125, May 22, 2007.

  1. Chris3125 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    #1
    Im off to manchester store tomorrow to buy a macbook, thing is want to get an education discount and i noticed a thing on the apple store website about you only being able to purchase one per academic year, i bought one for my girlfriend last september and was wondering if i went to the apple store tomorrow to buy one would they be arsey about the discount, or would they not know?
     
  2. jng macrumors 65816

    jng

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Location:
    Germany
    #2
    Checks are random. It will also depend on how anal the clerk you get is. I'd give it a try. If not, wait a few more months until the next academic year. Too bad you didn't buy your girlfriend a comp a month earlier.
     
  3. Lovesong macrumors 65816

    Lovesong

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2006
    Location:
    Stuck beween a rock and a hard place
    #3
    They probably won't say anything to you, if you have a Uni ID. Your thread title said that you wanted advice, so my advice is to wait 2.5 weeks until June 11th. You might end up kicking yourself.
     
  4. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #4
    I don't think that macbooks will be updated at WWDC. I think that if he wants one, now is a great time to buy and enjoy his computer. Might as well buy it now and start using it.
     
  5. Lovesong macrumors 65816

    Lovesong

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2006
    Location:
    Stuck beween a rock and a hard place
    #5
    Just like iMacs weren't updated at Macworld 2006, because they had just been updated 2 months earlier. :rolleyes:

    I'm just saying that no one knows what will or will not be updated at WWDC. Figuring how close the event is, there is no point in buying now, unless he really needs it right this very instant.
     
  6. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #6
    Two months is at least a reasonable amount of time. The time differnce between May 15th and WWDC is less than a month. I think it's highly unlikely for us to see macbook updates at WWDC. However, if he has no need for it, then waiting won't hurt him either.
     
  7. Chris3125 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    #7
    hmmm you got me thinking, im going to switzerland in a week and really need a laptop, sold my ibook 2.
     
  8. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #8
    Then you should buy it before you leave. You have a need for a notebook, and waiting for an unlikely update makes no sense. Buy it now and use it on your trip. Enjoy your trip.
     
  9. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

    Dynamyk

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2005
    Location:
    Toronto
    #9
    I wouldn't wait for an update but I'd CERTAINLY wait for the free iPod offer that should in a few weeks or so. You can sell it and upgrade your RAM or keep it if you don't have one :)
     

Share This Page