Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Hi everyone. I am thinking about buying a laptop :) . It will have 2 main purposes.

1) DVD movie playing through a digital projector
2) Internet Browsing wirelessly

What I need to check:

Will the mirroring capability be fine for use with a digital projector when projecting to larger sizes? I am pretty sure I know the answer to this. However, would just like to opinions before I buy a laptop!! Are there any main reasons why I should be getting a Powerbook.

Nb. My main computer is a Dual 1Ghz G4 but soon to be a Dual 3Ghz "when" they are released!!

Thanks for your help.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Falleron said:
Hi everyone. I am thinking about buying a laptop :) . It will have 2 main purposes.

1) DVD movie playing through a digital projector
2) Internet Browsing wirelessly

What I need to check:

Will the mirroring capability be fine for use with a digital projector when projecting to larger sizes? I am pretty sure I know the answer to this. However, would just like to opinions before I buy a laptop!! Are there any main reasons why I should be getting a Powerbook.

Nb. My main computer is a Dual 1Ghz G4 but soon to be a Dual 3Ghz "when" they are released!!

Thanks for your help.
You did not mention which computer you are thinking of buying... but any current notebook computer should be able to handle mirroring with a digital projector. The main issue here is the connection cable: the powerbooks have mini-DVI out and that can be a problem with VGA projectors if you forget your adapter. The same problem in reverse with iBooks.

Wireless Internet again works great on all current models. Good luck!

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
wordmunger said:
You did not mention which computer you are thinking of buying... but any current notebook computer should be able to handle mirroring with a digital projector. The main issue here is the connection cable: the powerbooks have mini-DVI out and that can be a problem with VGA projectors if you forget your adapter. The same problem in reverse with iBooks.

Wireless Internet again works great on all current models. Good luck!
Cheers

I am planning on getting the 14" Ibook - 1.2Ghz. Seems the best compromise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.