need some real good advise

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by saladiro, May 11, 2009.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

2. waffles123 macrumors regular

I've heard good things about Neat Reciepts. They make both a portable and a desktop scanner, which includes software to manage all or your scans. The desktop scanner looks awesome, but if you need the portable one, well, that's what it's designed for. ;)

3. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

Do you already have a printer on your limited desk space? maybe you could get an all in one? Will you use the scanner all the time or could you store somewhere other than on your desk when you are not using it?

4. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

i do have a printer, but its samll in a tiny "nuck" on my desk, I was thinking getting all in one, but i lucked out that the printer fit in perfect behind the laptop and when i fold the tray, its nice and compact. Prob looking to user the scanner once in a while, so did not want it to kill space. I liked the Neat Reciepts. Do you know much about them? they seem really good, the price for a portable one was like 160 or so, the only thing is that i dont need all that technical receipt/ business card reader functionality. Just a simple scan of a pic or a doc....want to keep cost down, minimal funcionality, small, and good quality