need some selling/buying advice please...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by melissarae, Oct 23, 2010.

1. melissarae macrumors regular

melissarae

so i currently have a 20" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 320 GB HD with 4GB DDR2 SDRAM iMac that's about 3 years old AND a 13" 1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 128 GB HD with 2 GB DDR3 RAM Macbook Air that i've had for 1 year... and i'm thinking about selling both and getting a MacBook Pro. the main use for it would be iPhoto, surfing the web, and some light graphics work with CS4. i like the idea of portability... but i really don't need two machines. i'd rather have just one machine.

i would love to have one of the new MBA's but i'm affraid it won't be enough power/storage for what i would need it for, so i'm thinking i'd probably need a Macbook Pro. i have a lot of photos (i'm a mom to a 3 year old haha) and i'd need to be able to use CS4 without any hiccups every once in a while. any advice would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!

2. njsa04playa macrumors 6502

hey im a 13 yr old highschooler and i have a mbp 13 that is absolutlely perfect, i use this thing for at least 3 hours a day and i never get the spinnin beabchball. the specs on mine are 2.66 c2d 500 gb 5400 rpm hd, and 4 gb ram.... this would be perfect for your needs and im not sure if you wuold want 15 or 13 inch.... but a fully speced out macbook air 13 inch would also get the job done 2.1 4gb ram and 256 FLASH HD makes it faster/snappier than any regular hd computer.... You should go for the fully maxed out macbook air 13 inch!

3. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

If your old MBA was powerful enough (and it should have been) there's no reason that a new one wouldn't be. It's got faster graphics, faster (solid-state) "hard drive", and even more pixels which makes CS4 better.

4. SidBala macrumors 6502a

Your MBA should run CS4. If you are not using your iMac, then sell it off and keep your current MBA. Maybe upgrade the storage on it.

If you really want something new, then MBP 15 or MBP 17. Don't get the MBP 13 inch, now that even the 11.6 MBA now has more pixels on it.

Are you going to buy brand new or Craigslist/Ebay?

5. melissarae thread starter macrumors regular

melissarae

if i get a new MBA i'd get brand new through apple or best buy... if i decide MBP i was thinking refurbished one through apple.

would a newer MBA 13" be enough for what i need? maybe using an external hard drive to store my music and photos?