Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miladsafa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Hi, is there a company or anyone from here that can develop apps at a reasonable price for me? its a very simple app with no need of any special visually engaging stuff, just a simple app with two pages and one of those pages having a table where by clicking on each row (a lesson) it downloads an audio file that is playabale on the device at request.

amorya

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Hi, is there a company or anyone from here that can develop apps at a reasonable price for me? its a very simple app with no need of any special visually engaging stuff, just a simple app with two pages and one of those pages having a table where by clicking on each row (a lesson) it downloads an audio file that is playabale on the device at request.

I just had a brief think about the issues involved in an app like this. I'm posting them here because you mentioned a "very simple app", and sometimes people are under a misapprehension about an app being simpler than it is.

• Will the list of lessons (and URLs for downloading the audio files) be always the same, or do you want to be able to dynamically add to them? What should the app do if one of the URLs does not work?
  • Will the downloading happen in the background? Over 3G or just wifi? Do you want the download to automatically resume when the user leaves the app (via the home button) and re-enters it?
  • What about playback? Will you want to make use of the new APIs for background audio playback? When a file is playing, can the user navigate to download another one at the same time?
  • Will the user be able to delete files they've already downloaded (to save space on the device)?

Amorya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.