need something for editing. please help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by marcel-v, Dec 16, 2007.

1. marcel-v macrumors regular

hi all, i have made some tv recordings that i have now stored as mp4 video files and am just wondering what the best software would be to edit out commercials etc.. i have quicktime pro and imovie already. is there a simple way to just cut the commercials out without then recoding the whole file and consequently lose video quality???

thanks you :)

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Quicktime pro will do it, just set the in out for start/ end of commercials and cut them out - then save. It will not re-encode the file.

3. marcel-v thread starter macrumors regular

ok thanks, but how do i actually select the part i want to delete? there is only one scroll bar.

4. marcel-v thread starter macrumors regular

also, i'm not quite sure why but with some of my recordings there is no sound and quicktime prompts me to download some additional components. does anyone know what those are?? i already have divx

5. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

Drag the little triangles at the bottom The one on the left is the in point and the one on the right is the out point.

[​IMG]

6. marcel-v thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your effort, i i dont have an in and out bar though, just the scroll.

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You dont have two little hash marks at the beginning of the clip? You should. Anyway, you can also mark the in by pressing I and out by pressing O.

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Get perian