Need something translated from German

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yg17, Dec 25, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I booked a train ticket for round-trip Berlin to Wolfsburg so I can see the VW Autostadt (The Mecca of 'Dub enthusiasts like me) on my upcoming trip to Berlin, through the Deutsche Bahn website, which has an English option, which is good, but part of my order summary is in German and I don't understand a word of it. I'm just curious to know what the following says:

Obviously, I could figure out the first part. ICE train 871, Berlin to Wolfsburg leaving at 8:32, and I think I've figured out that Hbf is an abbreviation for something that means train station. But everything after that, yeah, no idea what it says. I don't know if it's relevant to the booking or not, but if it is, I need to know. If someone could tell me what that says, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. tdgrn macrumors 6502

From www.google.com/translate

InterCity Express 871, Berlin Hbf (from 08:32) - Wolfsburg Hbf, 2 Cl, 1 seat, car 2, square 71, large cars, rest area, non-smoking, 1 window

3. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Oh cool, easy enough :D

I thought about using the translator, but didn't bother because 99% of the time, those things are horribly inaccurate (I learned that the hard way in Spanish back in high school ;)), but it looks like it did a good job.

4. Baron58 macrumors 6502

Hbf = "Hauptbahnhoff" = "Main Train Station"

2kl = "second class"