Need specific instructions on how to sell my brand new VERIZON Iphone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ssmaster, Oct 31, 2013.

1. ssmaster, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013

ssmaster macrumors newbie

I think I should

1. Activate on another line even though I upgraded during the "Unlimited Glitch" just to be safe. I have a throw-away line that I use for upgrades but it won't let me activate anything to that line at the moment. I may have to activate it on my mother-in-law's dumb phone line for the moment. Once I open the package, If I see that it does indeed still say unlimited data, I can activate it on the line I bought it one (It had a Galaxy s4 with unlimited data) and then just switch phones back to the S4 right after.

2. Sell it and ask the buyer to meet at a Verizon Store so they could have it transferred. If they are an AT&T or T-mobile customer, do I need to even do this?

Also, do I need to physically open the phone at all to perform any steps? I'd rather sell it sealed and open it in front of them once they pay me.

Should I take out the SIM card after I sell it to them?

Also, if anyone can just point me to an existing thread that goes into these details very specifically, I would appreciate that just as well. I searched for 30 minutes and could not find such a thread anywhere.

2. ssmaster thread starter macrumors newbie

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

You can activate the iPhone 5S on ANY LINE including the one with unlimited data (since u got it during the unlimited data glitch).

Verizon has confirmed they will honor all unlimited data glitches.

If u are anal and don't trust verizon just activate phone on one of spare lines.

Either way. The verizon iPhone 5S needs to be initially activated regardless before u sell it.

If you aren't sure how to activate it on another line. Take phone to Verizon corp store and they will do it for you.

4. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

-1 Sell it.
    -2 ???????????
    -3 Profit??

5. aneftp macrumors 68040

Open the phone to activate it.

There are a couple of way to activate verizon iPhone 5S.

1. Activate online (but remember new lte sim nano is tied to ur unlimited data line). So u can activate it but it will de activate ur current unlimited sim. (This way you don't have to open phone and keep it sealed). It involves you got back to Verizon store to get new sim.

2. Open the phone make a call and follow prompts (ask for phone number and last four of SSN).

6. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

1) you do not have to open the phone to sell it
    2) call and accept terms of service
    3) Have them switch service back to current sim
    4) max proffit selling a sealed 5S

----------

Did you activate it ?

7. ssmaster thread starter macrumors newbie

I called in to activate it. I am trying to switch back to my old phone online but it is greyed out and it says pending order. I am on hold on the phone to ask them to put the old phone back because "it is a gift and I want to give it to her later"

8. ssmaster thread starter macrumors newbie

Do I have to worry about the SIM that is in the phone right now? I am assuming the purchaser needs to get their own SIM from Verizon now right?

9. NotHereForLong macrumors newbie

I have a similar, if not the same, issue as the OP.

1) Have a Verizon dumb phone (flip-phone) that I used to upgrade to the iPhone 5S (Gold 32GB--will have it Tuesday.)

2) I am terribly unclear about whether or not I have to activate the iPhone 5S or not. I have both the SIM number/ESN (or whatever) that Verizon emailed me when I upgraded the line. I want to know what I have to do in order to sell the phone unopened and sealed, as this tends to bring in the most profit. I understand I'd stay on contract; it'll be 9.99 a month plus tax when I stay on dumb phone for 24 hours. Do I call Verizon and let them know I'm not going to activate the phone BUT I will take the contract for two years?

3) Since I have the SIM #, do I just tell Verizon to deactivate that SIM so that the buyer just gets a new SIM from Verizon store?

4) Do this phone have to be activated on Verizon before it can be used on T-Mobile/AT&T/Internationally? I read that other thread on here that the only place this phone won't work on is Sprint, but that's ok...

In short, I just want to know what I need to do to both sell this phone and not incur any fees other than the 9.99 with tax for two years and incur Verizon's wrath. I will definitely use the "I'm giving it to my brother, sister, wife, etc." line when calling Verizon if I have to, and would appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thank you very much.