Need specific option for clock radio app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by dabigkahuna, Oct 14, 2014.

1. dabigkahuna Suspended

dabigkahuna

I've been looking, but can't find what I want in the App store. It can be for an iphone or ipad. Doesn't matter to me.

I used to have a Grundig clock radio that let me set more than one alarm but what set it apart was that I could tell it how long to play the alarm (radio station). So I could have it start on maybe a nice music station, turn that one off, then start another "alarm" at that point which might be to NPR or other news source. Of course, any time I woke up, I could tell by the kind of stuff playing about what time it was.

The more alarms possible, the better. Would also like to set different alarms for specific days, like you can with the Apple clock on the iphone. But that doesn't give a radio station option and it sure doesn't let me set how many minutes an alarm would last.

Anybody know of an app that has multiple alarm capability, using radio stations, and you can limit how long each lasts? It would be fine if you couldn't set a limit but when a new alarm came up, the prior one shut off (don't want two playing at once!).

2. dabigkahuna thread starter Suspended

dabigkahuna

Well, I finally found something so I might as well report it. The app is "Best Clock Radio Alarm and Weather" by Mark Linthicum. I think it cost $4.

It is a little odd in some areas, but while I couldn't set a time limit for an alarm to sound, I could have it play one radio station and when the next alarm was due for a different radio station, the new one did take over like I wanted.

Not sure about dependability yet. First attempt, I didn't get the radio station to play - a standard alarm sound come on instead. Maybe this is a "feature" in case an internet station can't be accessed, but I don't know. Also, that time it didn't work, I could even get a station to play when selecting it directly until I quit (just by pressing the home button) and then bringing it back up. So it could have been a glitch. Time will tell if it is generally dependable or not.