Need standard 'Non-widescreen' monitor suggestions for new Quad-Core Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by AHCI, Apr 17, 2012.

1. AHCI, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

AHCI macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

First post so be gentle. :D

Anyway, I have been given the task to research standard (non-widescreen) monitor choices for a Quad-Core Mac Pro our non-profit organization is going to purchase. The requirements are as follows:

1.) MUST BE STANDARD (non-widescreen). I have no choice in this matter, so please no debates about which is better or why I want standard vs widescreen.

2.) Size - 20-22 inch.

3.) Panel type monitor.

4.) Prefer monitor without built in speakers. Also, no need for a camera.

5.) Price? Well, I'm open. This computer/monitor will be used to help develop apps for business needs... Mostly non-graphical in nature. No need for a mega-pixel/high price monitor that graphic artist might use...

Suggestions?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

2. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I prefer standard for "work"

I have a pair of Hyundai's at work

3. Bear, Apr 17, 2012

Bear macrumors G3

Go to newegg.com And select: Computer Hardware > Monitors > LCD Monitors > Widescreen : No

That wil get your search started. There seem to be a few displays that for what you're looking for. Don't forget to check the resolution of the displays as well.

I can think of a bunch of reasons as to why this might be required, including fitting in/on existing furniture. Another is to see what applications you develop look like on it. I am curious as to why you need a non-widescreen.

4. AHCI, Apr 17, 2012

AHCI thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks and will do...

----------

Is there any issues I should be aware of using a non-apple stardard display monitor with a Mac Pro? Any specific connections I should require on this new monitor?

5. Bear macrumors G3

Just need DVI, which all of them should do. And depending on the graphics cards in the Mac Pro, you may need a Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter.

6. digitalhen macrumors regular

I use NEC MultiSync LCD 2190UXi's at work x 3. They're pretty decent, and nice and square :)