need suggestion on new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fjs08, Apr 22, 2010.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

All set to get an iPad, but am having 2nd thoughts.

My MBP is almost 3 yrs old and I'd like a new one.
    It's 15" and I was thinking of the new 13" for better portability.
    I noticed on the Apple web site that the graphics seem much better on the 15".

I don't play games, but I do watch movies, concerts, and TV shows from iTunes, etc. Will I lose that capability w the new 13" vs the 15".
    My concerts seem fine now on the 15" I now own.

Thoughts or suggestions.

btw, I'm passing on the iPad because I do need spreadsheeting and word processing. Not sure about doing that on the iPad.
    Also, some of the posters here seem a bit disappointed w the iPad.

Frank

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Any of the graphics chips on the current line (and the previous lines) of MBPs will be able to handle movies and tv shows just fine. The graphics chips really only start to matter in high-end, professional applications.

It's just a matter of screen space in your case.

3. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Watching movies, listening to music, and watching TV, then you should get 13" MBP.
    If you want more gaming (forthcoming SC2, and my post with screenshot below), then you should get 15" for future games and 13" for mild gaming.
    Just in case if you haven't noticed, Core i5 and i7 starts off from 15", so by 2010 December, we will be seeing tons of applications build for multi-cores.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=902474

4. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>Just in case if you haven't noticed, Core i5 and i7 starts off from 15", so by 2010 December, we will be seeing tons of applications build for multi-cores.<<

Saw that, but to be honest, I don't know what that all means.
    My computing is pretty simple stuff.
    My wife has a PC and thinks I could get along w "that,".... but she just doesn't understand!!!!!! <g>

Frank