Need Suggestions for a Dustproof Case - Iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by whitlecj, May 7, 2013.

1. whitlecj macrumors regular

Hey guys, I am continuing on my search for a dustproof case for my iphone 5. I have tried lifeproof fre (can't stand the oil canning and wavy screen) and the incipio atlas (screen and sound issues). After trying both of these, I went with just a regular case and screen protector but I am in dusty environments quite often and the dust just drives me crazy. I am considering trying an otterbox armor but I am a little concerned about the bulk but can possibly get over it. Any other dustproof options out there?

The atlas would be the perfect case if not for the screen and sound issues. I really liked the thought of a glass screen protector.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Attached Files:

• bag.png
      bag.png
      File size:
      68.2 KB
      Views:
  3. whitlecj thread starter macrumors regular

Ha ha! Not quite what I am looking for.

4. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

I have an Otterbox Armor and I'm happy with it. My primary reason for getting it was dustproofing my phone for work and it does that well.

Yes, it is a bit bulky, BUT it's also super easy to get on/off so I just remove mine when I'm not at work.

5. tonykaye macrumors newbie

Hey Whitlecj, this is Tony from The Wirecutter. Our researcher, Alexander George, spent 25 hours testing over 40 different iPhone 5 cases and found the SwitchEasy Tone to be the best so far. The case is designed to protect against dust & fingerprints. It's also thin, light and unobtrusive. It's the opposite of the Otterbox in terms of bulk. Our researcher also interviewed Nick Guy of iLounge and he liked this case as well http://bit.ly/17OZY0L

If you're looking for something cheaper, Amazon also makes a budget case. It's currently $5 and is a very capable case that protects from everyday use. However, with the SwitchEasy Tone's price dropping as low as the $18 mark, it's hard not to want the better model.

If you'd like to read the review, you can find it here http://j.mp/12Sf1Ci

*Disclosure: It is my job to help people figure out which gear to get using our research.
    - Tony from The Wirecutter