need suggestions for a printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mexicanawesome, Mar 9, 2009.

1. mexicanawesome macrumors newbie

hi im new here to the forums and have recently been looking for a printer for my macbook since i started up school again. what i am looking for is a printer that has bluetooth capabilities so i can have less wires running around my desk. I was at walmart and i was looking at the Kodak EasyShare ESP3se, and on the box it says its bluetooth capable but does anyone have any experience with this printer?? all the reviews that ive looked up looks like it could be a bad investment, but the cheap ink is luring me to it. Does anyone know any good printers that are bluetooth enabled that dont cost an arm and a leg?? thanks im looking forward to using the forums more often

2. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

Do you use wifi (airport) on your mac? There's a lot more wireless printers with wifi than with bluetooth.

3. mexicanawesome thread starter macrumors newbie

no i wish i had an airport i just cant afford it when my modem is wifi as well. so could i just buy a wireless printer and put it on my network or do i absolutely need airport to make it work?

4. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

You have an Airport. All Macbooks do (I think? Correct me if wrong, but if you are getting Wi-Fi you have Airport). Airport is simply the Mac term for Apple's built in wireless cards. What the previous poster was referring to (I think) was an actual Airport Extreme (or Express) Base Station (i.e. the router itself)

And no, you do not need one of those. If you can get the printer shared on the network, any network, you can print to it using your Macbook. There will be slight variations and headaches from network to network and printer to printer, but you should be able to set that up.

5. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

Hi, just to clarify, I was asking how mexicanawesome was connecting to the internet. I agree with your suggestion- any wifi printer will work if you've already got a wifi network.