Need suggestions for an iTunes Library synching app

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dschiller, Oct 8, 2008.

1. dschiller macrumors regular

Hi all :)

I've recently bought a Macbook, and I would like to keep the iTunes library on my iMac synched to the Macbook's. I've tried using Mojo, but it crashes every time halfway through the initial transfer (~ 2700 songs). It would be very helpful if the app had support to transfering songs just from selected playlists.

Any help is appreciated
    Daniel:apple:

2. dschiller thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, but this method has two issues for me: it doesn't allow synching songs from just selected playlists on the "main" Library (it just allows copying the whole Library) and it isn't automated (you have to activate the Automator script every time you want to sync).

Cheers;)
    Daniel

3. dschiller thread starter macrumors regular

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I just remembered.

You could use ChronoSync to sync the Music folders of your Users on both Macs.

Have a look into it.

It worked at least for my Safari bookmarks and some document folders, and a Lightroom library too.

5. dschiller thread starter macrumors regular

No support for playlist synching :p I know I'm being picky, but I just don't want to bloat my Macbook's (relatively) small HDD with songs I don't plan on listening any time soon.

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

When you do want the script to run? What action would you have to do to run the sync?

i could probably write a script or an app to do what you want, because playlist are xml files, but you have to some action to turn it on, like click on the run button or logging in etc.

btw i am not writing the script

7. dschiller thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I wouldn't mind having to activate a script every time I want to sync my libraries. So you think that's possible? I've tried all demos of apps with this functionality that I've found, but they are either insanely buggy and crash all the time or don't support playlist synching.